National Indemnity Company is one of the leading property/casualty members of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, earning the highest financial strength rating by A.M. Best: A++. Located in Omaha, NE, National Indemnity Company offers a wide selection of commercial insurance products and has the stability and strength agents and insureds have depended on for decades.
We have an immediate opening for a Claim Specialist who will investigate, evaluate, provide defense if appropriate, negotiate and resolve assigned property damage and selected bodily injury claims reported under affiliated Companies’ insurance contracts, in accordance with those contracts and applicable law, within documented authority.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance, retirement plan with company match, educational assistance reimbursement paid at 100% up front, comprehensive wellness program and many other benefits.
- Investigate, evaluate and settle or manage the defense of claims, including selection and oversight of independent adjusters and counsel and control of loss adjustment expenses, within established authority.
- Identify, evaluate and determine, in consultation with Company counsel as necessary, respective rights and obligations of Company, Insured and third parties under all applicable insurance policies.
- Establish and modify loss and expense reserves as information regarding claim develops.
- Prepare accurate and timely case summaries, evaluations and reports; prepare, maintain and periodically review appropriate Claim Files and journals and all required electronic and other records, and provide information regarding claims as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of insurance and claim management principles and practices through review of published opinions, trade periodicals and other professional literature and presentations.
- Travel to represent Company in settlement conferences and other proceedings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as situation dictates.