Assist Underwriting Team with all clerical functions. Enter submissions into paperless file system and set up tasks for Team members. Process certificates, motor vehicle records (MVRs). Review policy file for required information, request and follow up for missing information using excellent customer service. Check all policies and endorsements for completeness and accuracy, and follow up for corrections. Review MVRs and prepare driver quality analysis. Process all non-money endorsements. Issue policies and endorsements as required. Collect and review surplus lines documents. Perform all other clerical duties as assigned.
- Enter submissions and other underwriting documents into our paperless files system, create workflow tasks and assign them to the appropriate personnel.
- Process certificates and additional / designated insured forms. Instruct brokers on ordering certificates online.
- Review policy file to determine missing information. Compare final documents received from the producing broker to the original rating / underwriting information and report discrepancies to the Underwriter. Request and follow up for necessary information from producing broker.
- Check all policies and endorsements for completeness and accuracy. Coordinate changes and corrections with Underwriter and/or Home Office. Follow up for corrected documents. Prepare documents for Surplus Lines filing, when required, and for delivery to producer / insured.
- Order MVR’s as requested by Underwriter. Prepare driver quality analysis for Underwriting Assistant by reviewing individual MVRs and coding the points in accordance with the applicable driver plans in each State. Process driver exclusions.
- Process non-money endorsements. Assist Underwriting Assistant with money endorsements as needed. Assist Underwriter with rating and indication forms as needed. Prepare documents for Surplus Lines filing, where required, and for deliver to producer / insured.
- Prepare policy documents for Surplus Lines filing, where required, and/or for deliver to producer / insured. Follow up for missing documents, confirmations, correction of any discrepancies.
- Perform general clerical duties such as making photocopies, sending faxes, and coordinating documents to be scanned into system.
- Backup Agency Technician functions – process loss runs, answer phones, sort mail, scan and index documents.
- Perform all other clerical duties as assigned or as situation dictates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (minimum qualifications needed to perform essential job function)
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Alpha/numeric filing
- Basic math
- Personal computer and related software
- Minimum 1 year related work experience
- Basic understanding of insurance terminology
- Insurance industry experience
- Typing 30 wpm with accuracy (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC computer data entry
- Postage metering machine (preferred)
- Photocopy machine
- Postage scale (preferred)
- Excellent customer service
- Work well with others
- Plan, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Organize time and resources
- Read and comprehend documents
- Work with detail with accuracy
- Maintain confidentiality
- Regular and dependable level of attendance