National Indemnity Company is one of the leading property/casualty members of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, earning the highest financial strength rating by A.M. Best: A++. Located in Omaha, NE, National Indemnity Company offers a wide selection of commercial insurance products and has the stability and strength agents and insureds have depended on for decades.
We have an immediate opening for a Human Resources Administrator who will be responsible for administration of leave of absences, STD and LTD claims, workers’ compensation claims and reporting, and evaluation of ADA of requests for accommodation. Investigates employee relations issues as needed. Maintains strict confidentiality. Provides excellent customer service and assistance to employees, supervisors and management.
- Administration of leave of absences such as, FMLA, Company leaves and military leaves.
- Interpretation and administration of leave programs and policies and insures compliance with applicable laws.
- Administers short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) claims for eligible employees.
- Responsible for administration of workers’ compensation claims.
- Communicates with employees and supervisors about the leave status and relevant Company policies, and the impact of benefits.
- Evaluates Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requests for accommodation and enters into the interactive dialogue with employees.
- Produces reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases, workers’ compensation claims and ADA requests and accommodations
- Investigates employee relations issues as needed.
- Assists in the creation and facilitation of leave administration, workers’ compensation, ADA and employee relations training programs.
- Performs special projects or related duties as assigned or as situation dictates