National Indemnity Company is one of the leading property/casualty members of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, earning the highest financial strength rating by A.M. Best: A++. Located in Omaha, NE, National Indemnity Company offers a wide selection of commercial insurance products and has the stability and strength agents and insureds have depended on for decades.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Benefits Administrator – Retirement Plan. Responsibilities include administration of our Employee Retirement and Savings Plan (ERSP) in accordance with the Plan documents and in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Responsible for maintaining ERSP data integrity working with Payroll and the Plan record keeper to ensure proper ERSP processing. Communicates with employees of participating employers regarding the ERSP including reviewing and/or answering questions regarding Plan features and retiree benefit details.. Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Administers ERSP in accordance with the Plan documents and in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining ERSP data integrity and works with Payroll and the Plan record keeper to ensure proper ERSP processing.
- Communicates with employees regarding the ERSP including reviewing and/or answering questions regarding Plan features, retiree benefit details and beneficiary designations.
- Communicates ERSP contribution and loan changes received weekly from Plan record keeper to participating employers’ Payroll contacts.
- Directs others and/or communicates with NICO and its affiliated companies, payroll vendor and Plan record keeper to ensure Plan data is processed correctly and resolves discrepancy issues with appropriate parties. Analyses payroll data and verifies accuracy. Develops reporting surrounding retirement plan statistics.
- Performs required True Up and ERISA non-discrimination testing including the actual deferral percentage (ADP) and the actual contributions percentage (ACP) tests for ERSP to ensure compliance with requirements. Provides data for controlled group testing.
- Responsible for scheduling ERSP Committee meetings, assists with setting meeting agendas, supports ERSP Committee members by gathering data and assisting with other projects.
- Performs special projects or related duties as assigned or as situation dictates