Analyze, design, build, rewrite and document applications using Microsoft (MS) Access, MS Excel and SQL Server for first level technology & coding changes. Along with others in the Finance Systems Unit (FSU), support the Finance Department's (FD) processes and business activities. Develops, upgrades, repairs and supports applications as part of an integrated team. Interact with FD staff to collect application requirements, understand business needs and support end users. Participates in team project evaluations, meetings, knowledge-transfers, cross-training and team development.
- Develops and/or revises applications and processes using MS Access, MS Excel, VBA and SQL Server for first level technology & coding changes. Communicates progress to Finance Systems Administrator or FD management during development, adjusts system development to meet revised requirements, and tests or oversees project-related testing. Installs, explains, and demonstrates new and/or changed system features and controls to users.
- Supports users of FSU applications and various other applications and data in the execution of their duties by collaborating and problem solving with FSU and FD personnel and management. Ensures continuity of service for FD personnel by cross-training on projects. Maintains appropriate documentation on assigned projects.
- Develops appropriate solutions to business and system needs by analyzing, researching and working with FSU, FD personnel, and management for first-level technology & coding changes. Collaborates with IT as well as FSU, FD personnel, and management for all other technology needs and solutions.
- Actively participates in daily stand-up meetings, project evaluations, and project-specific meetings.
- Performs complex database information retrieval and analysis to meet FD requirements for information to meet regulatory reporting responsibilities. Supports other FD management and personnel by discussing changing information requirements and assisting with complex data retrieval and manipulation, as needed. Collaborates with Company IT personnel for customization and significant changes to data environment.
- Responsible for maintenance and technical support of the Sungard general ledger system, Life Annuity System (LAS) or other FD systems within the Company’s IT framework and in coordination with Company IT personnel as appropriate. Reviews and consults with FD management on needs and maintenance of systems for FD and related units.
- Special activities and projects as assigned.