National Indemnity Company is one of the leading property/casualty members of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, earning the highest financial strength rating by A.M. Best: A++. Located in Omaha, NE, National Indemnity Company offers a wide selection of commercial insurance products and has the stability and strength agents and insureds have depended on for decades.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance, retirement plan with company match, educational assistance reimbursement paid at 100% up front, and many other benefits.
This position is responsible for certain activities of several insurance and reinsurance operations and/or contracted insurance programs (i.e. “programs”) within the responsibilities of the Insurance Data Management Unit, whether originating from Home Office or in other (non-Home Office) locations. The activities include but are not limited to insurance data collection, data transfers, data manipulation and/or analysis, accounting, cash activity, financial and statistical reporting, Financial Database/IDTS data management, building and validating.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the duties of the Financial Database/IDTS Coordinator. Which includes data maintenance, coordinating with others regarding updates or needed enhancements, performs overall balancing and control checks and determines overall accuracy for the Finance Department to use.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of PC program applications using spreadsheet and/or database software to create processing systems and specific worksheets and databases used to meet various job duties.
- Compiles, reviews, analyzes and reconciles, and interprets financial and insurance information from various sources and prepares working papers, supplementary schedules for one or more companies or programs and summarizes program underwriting results.
- Processes payment requests for funding programs and loss payments by obtaining and verifying approvals for payments and ensuring timely payments. Maintains controls and prepares reconciliations of cash for programs, updating general ledgers with coding and journal entries. Prepares intercompany cash settlements documents for programs and ensures that settlements are made and recorded properly.
- Coordinates communication of daily, monthly, and year end accounting, and financial statement and/or program information between Boston, Massachusetts and/or other program operating locations and Omaha. Responsible for review, analysis, and inquiries with respect to this information, including development and completion of management reports.