National Indemnity Company has an immediate opening in Omaha, NE, for a motivated candidate responsible for the compilation of supporting documentation for preparation of federal and state income tax returns (prepared by outside CPAs performing tax compliance services) and associated accounting for several Berkshire Hathaway insurance group companies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compiles supporting documentation for federal and state income tax returns for the assigned companies consisting of spreadsheets, memoranda, and other items as needed for review by Finance Department personnel, outside CPAs performing tax compliance services, and federal and state tax authorities. Reviews certain federal and state income tax returns with respect to assigned companies.
- Provides support for IRS and state income tax examinations. Provides support for information return reporting. Gathers information for reportable payments to foreign persons and entities. Maintains database and tracks requests for Form W-9 and Form W-8. Tracks backup withholding on payments made. Calculates income tax withholding on taxable annuity payments.
Prepares miscellaneous filings and reports including, but not limited to:
- Sales and use tax schedules and returns
- Personal property tax schedules and returns
- Annual filings with Secretary of State in states as required
- Reconciliations of tax-related general ledger accounts
- Annual Returns of Withheld Federal Income Tax
- Quarterly Federal Excise Tax Returns
- Annual FinCEN Form 114 – Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts