National Indemnity Company, a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, has grown to possess tremendous financial strength under the direction of Warren Buffett, Chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. We provide a challenging environment and a friendly atmosphere where the achievements of talented individuals are appreciated and rewarded.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Claim Examiner. This individual will evaluate, manage and resolve claims reported under Company insurance policies within established authority and as required by applicable law.
- Investigate, evaluate and settle or manage the defense of claims, including selection and oversight of independent adjusters and counsel and control of loss adjustment expenses, within established authority.
- Identify, evaluate and determine, in consultation with Company counsel as necessary, respective rights and obligations of Company, Insured and third parties under all applicable insurance policies.
- Establish and modify loss and expense reserves as information regarding claim develops.
- Prepare accurate and timely case summaries, evaluations and reports; prepare, maintain and periodically review appropriate Claim Files and journals and all required electronic and other records, and provide information regarding claims as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of insurance and claim management principles and practices through review of published opinions, trade periodicals and other professional literature and presentations.
- Travel to represent Company in settlement conferences and other proceedings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as situation dictates.