*Candidates must be local and able to work in Omaha for at least 2 semesters while taking on a full-time course load.*
Flexible; Between 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Apx 14-20 hours per week depending on the applicant's schedule. More hours available in Summer (up to 40 hours per week)
Starting in the Fall 2017 semester running through Summer 2018 and hopefully beyond.
$13.50 per hour and up depending upon experience.
Close to campus; just off Douglas Street between 13th and 14th.
This internship will give the qualified candidate an opportunity to obtain valuable experience.
Duties involve collaborating with others as well as working independently and include the following:
- Audits “return premium” and “commission adjustment” check requests and submits to manager for approval to pay. Notify company personnel of missing endorsements or other discrepancies between agency billing system and insurance company processed activity.
- May complete monthly U.S. and international bank account reconciliations and other selected general ledger account reconciliations as needed.
- Assists with the preparation of various schedules needed for the annual audited financial statements and notes for one or two assigned companies.
- Learns about the general work flow and inter-relationship between a captive agency and its affiliated insurance companies. Update workflow documentation as needed.
- Assists with routine audit requests.
- Assists department personnel with various ad hoc projects.
- Ad hoc Internet research, occasional spreadsheet preparation, occasional clerical filing, copying, scanning, and data organization.