National Indemnity Company is one of the leading property/casualty members of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, earning the highest financial strength rating by A.M. Best: A++. Located in Omaha, NE, National Indemnity Company offers a wide selection of commercial insurance products and has the stability and strength agents and insureds have depended on for decades.
We have an immediate opening in our Product Management Department. This individual will monitor and review activities and transactions to resolve customer payment and policy equity issues. Recommends to management, tests and implements direct bill system and related process improvements. Assists client services, underwriting and agency personnel in resolving billing related work and system problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily activities include but are not limited to the identification of unusual transactions to resolve payment and policy equity issues, validation and processing daily recurring payment signups and one-time manual payments.
- Assist the direct bill systems development team with testing, evaluation and implementation of business rule changes, billing plan modifications and upgrades to the billing system.
- Review daily/weekly/monthly direct bill database queries to ensure proper operations of direct bill system and address any irregular output produced by the queries.
- Determine whether there have been processing errors with daily files. Make manual payment entries into the billing system, transfer balances from one account to another where appropriate, and reverse payments where payments have rejected and must be unapplied to an account.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of billing related systems workflow and operations for the purpose of being conversant with personnel involved and their daily and periodic activities.
- Responsible for the review and monitoring of direct bill accounts moving to a collection and recovery status within authority.
- Review and/or monitor direct bill accounts for quality assurance purposes.
- Perform related duties as situation dictates such as participating in special projects.
National Indemnity Company offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance, retirement plan with company match, educational assistance reimbursement paid at 100% up front, comprehensive wellness program and many other benefits.